Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 3: Double-Dog-Dare

Happy New Year everyone! Hard to believe that 2012 is already over and a new year has begun. The day started out great! Samantha slept the entire night, so I actually got a decent nights sleep. Josh woke up with her, but the poor girl was obviously starving and cried until she was in my arms and feeding. After she had a full belly, it became a game of "popping off" and smiling at me...but no laughter.

Later in the day, I decided to take Samantha out on the toboggan and head over to the park. This was her first time on a toboggan and she just absolutely loved watching the snow slide past her. I could hear the giggles, but alas, by the time my gloves came off and my camera came out all I could catch were some smiles. Still adorable though!



At the park, I missed the laughter again. We sat down in the snow and watched the boys play hockey. This has to be one of her favorite things to do, people watch. Then one of the players completely wiped out and the laughter began! As much as I wanted to catch it on video, we were sitting behind a metal fence and all I could imagine was Flick's tongue stuck to the flag pole in A Christmas Story. Not that I was about to double-dog-dare my daughter, but her mouth and tongue would have gone straight to that fence had I let go of her. So I kept her and her tongue safely away from the cold metal fence!


All-in-all, it was a great day. Lots of sunshine, laughter, and sleep! Now I double-dog-dare you to sleep through the night again!



No comments:

Post a Comment