Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 17: Fail


First, I wanted to thank all my readers and followers! 99 Days of Laughter has officially reached 1100 views! I am so amazed and hope that you are enjoying reading about my mission of laughter! I however, have bad news for you. Today...well...apparently after 2 weeks of laughing and giggling everyday Samantha officially thinks I'm crazy.


Absolutely nothing I did today got Samantha laughing. I tried fake sneezes, tickling, blowing raspberries on her belly, playing peek-a-boo, and the list goes on! I actually Googled "How to make your baby laugh" and even those didn't work! Google...you failed me...

Sure, I got a few giggles, lots of smiles and the occasional jump of excitement, but not a single fit of laughter! In fact, by the end of the day I'm pretty sure Samantha rolled her eyes at me and gave me the "What the hell is wrong with you" look.

However, we did have an amazing day! Samantha is growing up way to fast though. Now that she can pull herself up and stand on her own, she can't get enough of her activity table. This leads to bumps, scrapes and bruises though, because now she thinks she can walk on her own too. Sorry, baby girl, lets try and master the art of crawling first. Or perhaps you could just sit still for one minute and snuggle with your Mommy for a moment.

I used to pray for Samantha to go to sleep so that I could have just a few minutes of rest and quiet. Now, I secretly (well not so secret anymore) pray for her to wake up before I go to bed so I can hold her, nurse her and cuddle her back to sleep.

Tomorrow is a new day and I guess I'm going to have to think of a new way to get her laughing!
What is your favorite way to get your friends and family laughing? I could definitely use some new material...

No comments:

Post a Comment