Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 21: I'll Still be There

It happened...Samantha slept through the night! I'm not talking finally fell asleep at 9pm, woke up at midnight to nurse and then again at 7am to nurse. I'm talking full on 11 hours of sleep!!!! The only downside to this, as I'm sure all you nursing mothers can relate to, is that not only did my boobs grow 3 sizes overnight, but I'm pretty sure my nipples were about to split in half! Was that a little too much information...sorry. But at least I finally got a solid night's sleep, I have been exhausted!

I have to say, I was so excited for Samantha to start crawling around. As a new mother, every single milestone is a huge accomplishment and you get so excited for the next thing to come. So, as Samantha would watch the other babies around her crawl and walk around, I would encourage her and say "See Baby, that's called crawling". Those mothers of those babies would laugh at me and tell me to relish in the moment of immobility. Well Moms, you were right! I have never been so exhausted!

Anything that I could do during the day, now takes twice as long. I'm pretty sure Samantha will soon be black and blue from head to toe from trying to crawl over everything and trying to climb up anything. There is, literally, no where to keep her safe. Even in her crib, she climbs and holds onto the railing. But being that she's my blood, thinks she can do anything and is now trying to stand on her own...well Kerplunk...and into the crib rails she goes. (Is it possible to bubble wrap your entire house?)

That being said, the only safe place is her playpen. She cannot climb it...yet. She can not hurt herself if she falls down...yet. And she can not get out of it...yet. But, she hates it. She hates that she can't get out. The mesh becomes this invisible sheild that she must penetrate. So she pushes her face into it...even now, I'm about to pee laughing. She looks like one of those robbers that put their moms panty hose over their face to conceal their identity! Hilarious! I totally missed that picture, but got some other funny ones!

Well, needless to say Samantha has certainly been keeping me on my toes. But, I must admit, I love that I'm there to catch her when she does fall! And I can only hope that she knows, in 10, 15, 25 years, I'll still be there, sitting on my bum with my hands out ready if she needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment