Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 24: 7 Minutes in Heaven

Today was day 24 of my 99 Days of Laughter and apparently someone woke up on the wrong side of the crib! This day didn't start well, this day didn't go well, but, my baby girl does love me, and it finally ended with a sleeping baby.

Maybe it's the price I pay for going out last night. Having dinner with the girls. Having a glass of sangria. Not being home for bedtime...still totally worth it...but gosh darn this day was rough on both of us!

Poor Samantha, 13 may be my lucky number, but 7 is certainly not hers Now that she has learned to crawl and climb, she has also learned how to fall. I don't know how this child is not black and blue with a concussion. She either needs to learn to hold on tighter or learn how to balance on those ballerina toes of hers, because I really don't want to wrap her in bubble wrap.

However, today was not the day that she learned how to hold on tighter or the day that she learned how to balance on her ballerina toes. In fact today was the day that she fell...and fell...and fell...and fell again. Half way through the day, my mellow dramatic child (have NO idea where she got that attitude from) actually threw herself on the floor and with her eyes closed as tightly as possible with as many tears flowing as possible and attempted to crawl into my arms only to find herself crawling into my leg! Can you say "over acting"? This was a scene that would make the Fresh Prince jealous and had she not been stuck on my leg I totally would have had my "bad mommy moment" and filmed it! This should suffice in the meantime...


Thankfully, after a little snuggle time and some Baby Einstein, my happy girl was back. She wasn't there for long, but I did get to see a glimpse of her today. In fact, she loved the picnic scene in Baby Einstein Favorite Places (about 14 minutes in). The puppy kept pulling items out of the picnic basket and she was all smiles and "babble babble" and "ah gah ha". 

Fortunately, all her dramatic scenes from the day wore her out and nap times and bed time were much easier! In fact, I actually found myself in a peculiar moment this afternoon after Samantha went down for her nap. The house was clean, dinner was ready for the oven and Samantha didn't fight me to sleep for 45 minutes. I actually had nothing to do...nothing...I was in heaven, it was only for 7 minutes, but it was 7 minutes in heaven! So quite, so calm...then my Drama Queen awoke from her slumber and I was back in the real world.

Well, good night my love, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment