Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 28: I remember

Today we had another great day! Not only did I get to sleep in until 10, but I woke up to a delicious McD's flapjack breakfast! The great part of waking up...oh wait wrong line. Ha, but it sure was a great way to wake up.

Thankfully, Samantha was in another great mood. She was full of chatter, laughter and bounce! All day she was just blah, blah, blah and ya ya ya. After Miss Chatty Cathy woke from her morning nap it was off to a friend's baby shower.

 
With only 5 weeks until her due date, I was overcome with emotion.


I remember the day Josh and I decided we wanted to have a child. How excited we were. I got advice from everyone. I read everything. I did everything, including sitting on the couch upside-down with my legs up in the air (gravity was going to be on my side too!)

I remember the morning we found out I was pregnant. I didn't sleep a wink all night, waiting for the perfect time to take the test. My heart was pounding, my hands were shaking and all I could think about was 2 lines...2 lines...2 lines. Low and behold 1 line! But, how? No? Am I crazy? Apparently, I just didn't wait long enough to look, because after a cold glass of milk...2 lines!

I remember the first kick, at least I think that was the first kick, the punches, the rolls. Every time she moved, I felt like I had butterflies floating around in my belly. Josh loved to lay beside me and just rest his hand on my belly and wait. Wait for his little child to The best part was if you pushed back you would feel a little foot or hand push you right back again.

There is a lot I wish I didn't remember though, like how the smell of cooking meat made me want to hurl. Or how uncomfortable I became, how I couldn't sleep, or how tired I was. No one likes to tell you those details. All you hear is "Oh, you have that pregnant glow", not this girl. My skin broke out like I was a high school teenager all over again. Or how about how I could drink an entire litre of milk in one sitting or how amazing peanut butter tasted...on everything.

Best of all though, I remember her cry. I remember the way she looked at me. I remember holding her in my arms. She was so little, so small and needed me. I'll also never forget when Josh sang to her, "You Are My Sunshine", and she actually stopped crying and looked up at him. These are the moments I hope that I never ever forget; those 9 months, the next 9 months or the next 9 years and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment