Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 10: Biggest and Bestest

For those of you who don't know Samantha is 6 1/2 months old. What she has accomplished in this short amount of time is absolutely astonishing to me. In a matter of weeks she has gone from wiggling on the floor like a fish to standing on her own two feet!


Like, I mentioned in my first post, the sound of Samantha's laughter is my favorite sound in the entire world. What I didn't mention was that the one sound that breaks my heart is the sound of my baby girl crying. I'm sure this is the same for every mother. All you want to do is hold them and make them know that everything is ok. 

Well, today was not only day 10 of 99, but also time for Samantha to get her 6 month shots. After such a great morning of playing, I felt terrible leading her into the arms of a stranger and letting her get stabbed by a needle. Samantha is always such a happy baby and to see her look up at the nurse, give that nurse her biggest bestest smile only to be pricked with a needle...felt like a total betrayal of Samantha's trust. Luckily, after we had a good snuggle, I was the recipient her next biggest bestest smile and knew I was forgiven.
Getting Samantha to laugh was another story. She is such funny girl. She gets so excited and starts to jump and squeal and make this coughing Ha Ha Ha sound. Certainly not the infectious giggle I love to hear, but seeing her excitement is most certainly a close second!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment