Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 27: And She's Back!

What a whirlwind of a week! If you remember from my last post, Samantha just hasn't been her usual happy smiley baby. Well...it only got worse! Day 25 and 26...well, I wouldn't wish a baby cold on my worstest (yes, I know...not a word) enemy!

Samantha has started swimming lessons and I'm thinking that the combination of chlorine pool water and cold winter temperatures have created the perfect environment for "Baby's Worst Cold"

Poor Samantha, she wanted to be in my arms but then didn't want to be in my arms. She would be tired and want to sleep but then didn't want to be asleep. Her nose was stuffy, her breathing was stuffy, even her voice sounded stuffy. The last week, needless to say has been horrible! Horrible for her, horrible for me, horrible for Daddy! Talk about torture. All you want to do is hold and soothe your baby, but she just cries. No, screams, in your ear as you try and soothe her. Then the headache kicks in and the sore back and the heavy eyes and finally you just have to walk away.

It has to be the worst feeling in the world. Not only walking away from your crying baby, but walking away from your sick crying baby. I know all she wants was for me to hold her, but Momma can only take so much.

I was so close to bringing her to the hospital the other night. Her cough sounded like she had been smoking for 30 years and kept her awake. I almost slept in the room with her! But the floor was just a little too hard for me. Thankfully, her humidifier, all though cooled the room, kept the coughing to a minimum and the Vicks Baby Rub helped to relieve some congestion. And at 2am after she had awoken 3 times since midnight...the Baby Tylenol helped Momma Samantha sleep the rest of the night!

Then this morning I heard it! I heard that sweet angelic sound! She laughed! She laughed and she giggled and she smiled! We played and we tickled and we kissed and we played some more! I had just been telling Josh last night, she hasn't laughed in almost a week!


I am so thankful that she is feeling better! Now, today, we can resume the quest for laughter! In fact, I'm so positive that today will finally be a good day, that it's not even noon and I'm writing this post as Samantha naps. Which by the way was the easiest nap in days!

(Boy, do I ever hope I'm not jinxing myself........only time will tell I guess!)
Have a great day everyone and enjoy the sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment