Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 13: Lucky 13

For some, 13 is an unlucky number. For those people, I feel terrible, especially since it's 2013. Only 354 more unlucky days for them. For me, 13 has generally been a lucky number and today was no different! After a yesterday that never happened, I have to admit I was a bit nervous that today would be the exception. But, with my 99 Days of Laughter goal in mind, I was ready to make the most of it anyways.

Ever since he and his partner opened their Maaco this week, he has been leaving early, getting home late and not eating lunch! So, being the "good wife" that I am, or maybe it was just the fact that I couldn't sleep, I made him a lunch and put together a breakfast for him with a little "I Love You Daddy" note from Samantha.

Now, as a first time mother, my absolute favorite way to start the day is with sleep! And that's exactly how mine started. Samantha, though waking up a few times to nurse, slept in until 10 o'clock this morning! Woo Hoo! Yes! OK! See, yesterday never happened and today was going to be great!

Though the day was bleary and rainy, Samantha and I had fun anywayst! It was a day full of pretend sneezes and gazoontites; tickles and kisses; singing and dancing and giggles and laughter! I even got the giggles and laughter on video!

Ok, so the camera fell over and you can't see anything, but my whole reason for 99 Days of Laughter was because my favorite sound in the world was the sound of Samantha's laughter. Today's video is literally the goal of this blog come to life.

Thankfully, 13 has always been my lucky number and today was proof of that. This year, 2013, is going to be our lucky year!

No comments:

Post a Comment