Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 6: Superhuman Catlike Mommy Reflexes

If you follow me on Twitter @Momma_Laur, you may have seen the video of Samantha standing all by herself last night! I was so proud and amazed, yet completely petrified of this accomplishment at the same time! Well, today certainly turned into an interesting day that was full of laughter and some tears for both of us.

Thankfully, the teething didn't seem too be to much of a problem today. Now this may be because I put her teething necklace back on or just because she was having a "good day". I honestly, don't care to question why - but the teething necklace will not leave contact with her skin again! Here's a tip for all you "teethers" out there: Put the necklace in the baby's sock/sleeper at night so it stays in contact with the skin overnight.

Back to Samantha having a good day. She was her usual happy smiley self today. However, she was also on a mission to discover everything she could possibly get her little hands on. The two of us smiled and laughed together for most of the day. Nap time turned into play with Mommy time. Play with Mommy time turned into adventure time. And adventure time turned into a flash of horror before my eyes.

First, the play with Mommy time. Apparently, my dancing skills are slightly amusing to Samantha. Personally, I thought I was pretty good for someone who has really only had professional drunken night club experience. Mind you the shaky camera sort of makes it look like Big Foot was the one dancing around...


Then came adventure time. Tonight, as I was taking down Christmas, Samantha fell! I was only an arm's length away and I don't know what made me turn to look at her, but as I turned to see her, all I saw were her tiny toes going over the edge of the playpen!


I have never moved so fast in my life! Thank the Heavens for my Superhuman-Catlike-Mommy-Reflexes! I was able to grab her by the waist, mid fall, and scoop her into my arms just as she was about to meet the floor! We were both scared and after a few minutes of holding, kissing, and "It's Ok. You're Ok"'. We were both giggling away. Fweh...that was way too close for comfort.


I was so relieved that Samantha was not hurt, that afterwards all I could think was, "to bad I didn't get that one on video" and just started to laugh. I'm sure this has something to do with my adrenaline levels returning to normal levels, but at least we ended the day on a high note (pun completely intended)!

P.S. No dolls were harmed in the making of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment