Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 15: Swimming Like a Rock

Yup, I'm spoiled. Well at least today I was. Josh let me sleep in until 11 o'clock this morning! So needless to say, I spent half the day dreaming of Samantha's laughter and not really encouraging it. 


In fact, today, I didn't take a single picture of Samantha! Not one! It reminds me of the olden days when mothers and fathers had those big bulky point and shoot cameras - you know the one's I'm talking about. The one's with only 20 pictures available to shoot. I certainly have an appreciation for vintage film cameras, however love that I can take 100 pictures of Samantha (in the same pose) and pick the best one to keep! OK, I know that's cheating...but no one wants to see ugly baby pictures...OK that's a lie too, those can be pretty darn funny, but who's judging!


 
Today, though I certainly wish I had had another person available with any type of camera to capture Samantha's first swimming lesson. She loves bath time, so naturally she should love to swim...right?

She was SO super cute in her little pink tankini with a ruffle bum! Had I not been running behind, I totally would have taken a picture of her! Until next week though, here's one of her from the summertime. 

As we walked out of the change room, I held onto Samantha tight. All I could envision was a terrible scene of me, all confident in my post baby bikini, completely wiping out on the pool deck Samantha in tow! How embarrassing that would be! So, instead I slowly and carefully made my way over to the swirl pool to join the other mama's and babies. 

I was so excited for Samantha to start her first swimming lesson...and then I started to walk down the ramp into the water. All of a sudden I became completely aware of the fact that I was willingly about to plunge my daughter into the water, pretty much against her will, also with the complete understanding that babies are very slippery when wet! I was terrified for her!

Samantha, however, did amazing! Although, she certainly wasn't the graceful and angelic baby pictured below. Infact, her kung fu grip around my neck was like trying to let go of a scared dog! I couldn't help but laugh as her slippery hands became like velcro to my skin. Poor little girl. 


But, there were no tears! We even plunged underwater and attempted bubbles! Her bubbles were more of the swallow water and choke kind of bubbles, but we're learning and certainly not swimming like a rock! I can't wait for our next time in the pool (pictures included)!


No comments:

Post a Comment