Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 14: A Trip to China


Wow! I cannot believe that today was the second week of 99 Days of Laughter! How lucky am I to have had the opportunity and challenge to make my daughter smile, giggle and laugh over the past 14 days. Today was yet another great day! It was filled with music and lights, bubbles and mirrors, giggles and laughter and even a trip to China!



Samantha loves to explore and discover. If she can see it then she HAS to get her little fingers on it anyway she can. This is how she learned to crawl! It all started with a Tim Hortons cup...must have! Well, now she is certainly keeping me busy. So, one of our favorite places to visit is TheMuseum. It is filled with activities for Samantha to could keep her entertained for hours! And that's exactly where we started our day.


After Samantha touched and climbed everything she possibly could, it was time to travel to Pandora! We dove deep into the world of Avatar, explored the culture of the Na'vi and even got a first hand look into how the movie was created. Samantha was simply amazed at the world of Pandora! She reached for the lights, touched the critters and watched as I "transformed" into my own Avatar! She giggled while I tried to take her picture in the Avatar boot, awed at the lights hanging from the ceiling and oohed at the critters moving around!


China was next on our trip around the world! Only a few steps away and guess what...Samantha slept for the entire trip! She missed out on the amazing Dazu Rock Carvings and stunning paintings. I just know she would have loved the color in the paintings and would have been mesmerized by the number of arms on the women in them. Those extra arms would have come in handy trying to lug this 16 pound dragon around though. 

I truly am honored and blessed to have been able to take this trip with my daughter and can only hope that one day we will stand side by side in China and take this picture again. No, I take that back. Samantha and I will laugh together while I tell her about her "first trip to China" and we will take this photo again. Hopefully she'll be more awake this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment