Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 7: One Week Later

Well, it's officially been one week of 99 Days of Laughter! With only 7 of the 99 days finished, I know this is going to be an amazing adventure with my daughter. Already, we have experienced so much together; memories I hope to never forget.

My favorite memory this week had to have happened yesterday. We seem to be caught in this sleep time battle. It feels as if Samantha refuses to go to sleep on her own anymore. Now it has become this entire production of fuss, sleep, play, fuss. She'll finally "fall asleep" only to be wide awake and playing in her crib five minutes later.

Well, yesterday once her sleep-play turned to crying I went in to try and soothe her, only to find out that all she really wanted to do was play as she giggled away in my bouncing arms. How could I resist those smiling brown eyes and that infectious giggle. So, I sat down in the rocking chair with Samantha in my arms and we played, we laughed and we giggled.


Though, I didn't get it on video I will forever remember her laughter as I "popped" the soother out of her mouth. She just thought that was the funniest thing. She would bite down on the soother and the anticipation on her face as she waited for me to "pop" the soother out was completely priceless. Had I tried to go for the camera, our moment would have ended, and I just wanted to keep making her laugh - even if she was supposed to be napping.

It's now two o'clock in the afternoon of day 8 and although the day started off with puke, puke and more puke, we've already had a few giggle moments together! Look for Day 8 tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment