Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 47-49: Family

The absolute best thing about having Samantha in my life, is that I can now call ourselves a family! Sure, we were a family before, but now I feel complete, like somehow that last puzzle piece was found. Sure, I think there is space for a few more puzzle pieces, but that's a whole nother blog post...

This Family Day long weekend really showed me what being a family is all about. It's about having fun, being silly and making memories. It's about listening, being patient and about love.

Where should I begin, first I guess will be with the memories! We had a super fun weekend playing together in the snow. Samantha absolutely LOVES being outside and playing, even if it is a tad chilly. On Saturday we went to the Waterloo Fest Ice Dogs Festival in uptown Waterloo. Samantha could not stop "oowing" and "awing" at the skaters and the dogs. Then she saw a gentleman carving an ice sculpture with a chainsaw and was absolutely hypnotized. When I tried to walk away she cranked her neck so much, I swear she was like the child from the Excorsist! So, we stayed a little bit longer.

When we got home, she even "helped" Daddy shovel the driveway! The two of them were so adorable together and every time Josh bent over to shovel she smile cheek to cheek and squeal with laughter. I know I've said she's growing up way to fast, but I really cannot wait for her to start walking around and "helping" us and playing with us. Those will be some amazing family memories that I am so excited for.


Sunday, was a bit of a stresser. Samantha was pretty fussy most of the day, even at swimming lessons she was super unhappy even cried! Needless to say, she went to bed super early and Josh and I had a quiet and yummy dinner together. It was really nice to enjoy our time together that night. We talked and were actually able to have a serious conversation.

Today was certainly the cherry on top though. We ventured out to the Waterloo Region Museum and saw Circus! Science Under the Big Top. Samantha was pretty over stimulated as there was a lot going on, but had a lot of fun! I think my favorite part, was taking her picture holding the dumb bells (she's just SO darn cute) and I think her favorite part was the looking at everyone from upstairs. She would lean forward, bonk her head on the glass and then just giggle. No fear in this girl...just no fear!


With half our day still open and the sun shining brightly, I think we'll head on out again and go for a toboggan ride before dinner. I love being a family, I love doing things as a family and I cannot wait to create more family memories!

Happy Family Day everyone! I hope you're sharing it with those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment