Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 38: Once in a Lifetime

Tonight was full of laughter, though it wasn't Samantha laughing...
Samantha got to experience something that I think may only happen once in her lifetime...She had a conversation with a dog, a bird and saw a baby kangaroo! I am completely serious! While at my moms for dinner, Samantha and Maya (my moms German Shepherd, not the baby kangaroo) had quite the conversation. Nothing like that baby and husky video, too cute, but had us all laughing as Samantha kept trying to get Maya to speak.

Then, I found out that tonight there would be exotic animals at No Name Wednesday at TheMuseum. A limor, kangaroo, owl, parrot, hedgehog and a huge snake were all there! I must say, I never truly appreciated what this children's museum had to offer until Samantha was born. She has experienced and discovered so much there, and tonight was no exception. It has been truly an amazing adventure to rediscover life through Samantha.

When the elevator doors opened to the second floor, the sound of the parrot's voice was the first thing we heard. The look on Samantha's face was priceless! She sat straight up and was looking everywhere for where this crazy sounds was coming from. From there, the two of them were inseparable and had a very in depth conversation. OK, so Samantha hasn't quite learned the art of conversation, but that parrot was all "Hello" "Whatcha' doin'" and "How are you" and Samantha was all "Gaaa" "Baa Baa" and "cough cough cough". Those fake coughs that sound like she's clearing her throat or possibly choking on her own drool had that parrot laughing and laughing and laughing, all in which made Samantha "cough" more and more and more.

Had I had the video running instead of asking a stranger to take her picture, that video would have gone viral! Must remember to get those videos...and keep them running!

All in all, tonight was certainly a once in a lifetime opportunity for both me and Samantha. When will Samantha ever have the opportunity to "speak" with an exotic animal again...and when will I ever be able to see that spark of curiosity in her eyes as she conversed with him. I honestly hope that this was not a once in a lifetime experience. But if it was, I'm happy I was there to rediscover life again with her!


No comments:

Post a Comment