Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 40: Snow Day!

OK, so it's been a few days since I've posted, but it has been a crazy busy time with Samantha. Recently, I read about "How to Miss a Childhood" and it completely changed the way I spend time with Samantha. When I first started 99 Days of Laughter, it was to try and make Samantha laugh every day for 99 days. Something that turned in to a very difficult task! But, then I started to realize that 99 Days was more than just getting Samantha to laugh, it was about being with her, being present with her and spending quality time with her. "How to Miss a Childhood" gave me another revelation. I don't want to be that mother that is always stuck behind her computer or stuck behind the camera and viewing life through a lens. 

So, yesterday when Snowmageddon ended, Samantha and I went and played in the snow! We both bundled up and we jumped in the snow. We made snow angels. We went for a walk and I took a few pictures. 

Though Samantha was a bit chilly, (look at that cherry nose) she was amazed at all the snow. She couldn't stop looking around going "Ooooh" "Awwww"! It was definitely a short play in the snow and when Josh gets home from work this afternoon, we're going to go enjoy the blues skies and fresh snow outside again! Maybe make a snow family, more snow angels and go for a toboggan ride!

Yesterday also proved to me that we live in an amazing area. Watching neighbours helping neighbours made me proud to live in this area, proud to be raising Samantha here and I can only hope that one day it will be her shoveling her neighbours driveway, pushing their car down the street or helping a stranger in need. 


It also made me incredibly excited for when she is older. I cannot wait to build a snowman with her, push her down a snow hill on her toboggan and build a snow fort together! I promise, although yes I will be taking pictures of these events, I will not run to my phone when it dings, I will always put you first and I will always be present in your life, ready to through on my snow pants and jump and laugh in the snow with you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment