Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 82: Best of Friends

OK, this sleep training thing has gone amazing! Samantha has slept through the entire night 2 nights in a row; without the 11pm feed! I am feeling so much better, sleeping so much more and feel like a completely different mommy! Now, I'm just trying to perfect her daily schedule with meals vs nursing (this kid eats like a horse) and I think we'll be ready for a real life outside of the house!

This morning I made the first attempt at that life outside of the house, since momstown had a fun Barbie Music & Movement event happening. After, actually getting sleep the last 2 nights, I felt brave enough to invite my 3 year old niece along too. Everyone thought I was crazy for trying to take care of both a 9 month old and 3 year old and I was starting to think the same thing! But surprisingly, everything went amazing! She helped me get Samantha ready for the event, give her breakfast and even change her bum. I was so impressed that Desiree used her listening ears all day and even helped to play with Samantha when I had to take a few pictures or help make the punch (complete with adult supervision, of course).


Watching Samantha and Desiree laugh and play together was really refreshing and really makes me think that we could have a second child and I would be OK. That being said, I'm not about to jump on the baby wagon for at least a few more years. But today gave me the hope that Samantha will help with baby #2 in the same way Desiree did today and the courage that I can be a great mother to 2 children! What a great family we have and what an amazing family we will be when Samantha has a younger sibling!

My favorite moment today, with the exception of all the girls playing with the life size barbie box, happened at the very end of the event. While I was helping to clean up, the two of them sat on the floor together and played. Samantha was holding onto Desiree's balloon while Desiree was making funny noises and faces. Samantha was laughing and giggling and bouncing away while she did it! Unfortunately, I didn't catch the best parts on video and the balloon took off to the ceiling (which I did catch by the way in one big leap), but watching the two of them together is just SO cute! They will certainly be best of friends when Samantha is old enough and big enough for them to play together.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment