Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 69: One Night at a Time

It is Day 69 and as I sit here typing this out, I am beyond tired, beyond frustrated and beyond answers.
This past week has been another blur of sleepless nights and a fussy crying baby.

I honestly have no idea what is going on with Samantha, but I am running out of sanity pills. Even now, she is screaming at the top of her lungs as Daddy tries to soothe her. And just when you think she has been quiet for long enough that she must be asleep; That moment when you're terrified to move a fraction of a inch, unflex a muscle or scratch an itch; She starts all over again and you're back to square one.

I've heard of this 8 month sleep regression, so I'm trying to not create any bad sleep habits, but come on kid...you don't want to be held. You don't want to be nursed. You don't want to be rocked. You don't want to be swayed. WHAT DO YOU WANT?

I have to keep reminding myself, that she is not even 9 months old yet. She's still so tiny and fragile. I'm sure all she wants is to snuggle back to sleep, but she's just as tired as we are and doesn't know how to communicate that without crying.

Dare I say teething is the culprit? I've only been saying that for the past 68+ days and still there is absolutely no sign of any teeth. Not even a white cap or a bump. Who knows, maybe, if we're lucky, we'll wake up tomorrow morning and there it will be. But for now, I'm going to try and take it one night at a time and hope for the best.

...Guess I should go rescue Daddy now...





No comments:

Post a Comment