Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Royal First

OK, I know this blog is supposed to be about Samantha and her infectious giggle, but with the birth of Will and Kate's new son, the future King of England, I just had to blog about this event.

First, I would like to send a huge congratulations both Kate and Will, for not only joining the ranks of sleep deprived parents around the world, but for keeping the birth of their son so hush hush and private in our media-frenzied world of Facebook and Twitter. That in itself was amazing!
Secondly, I would like to say how amazing Kate looked! She was simply stunning and just glowed. I also love the fact that she tried to honor Princess Diana by donning a stunning blue polka dotted dress as their tiny prince was presented to the world for the first time.
The smile on her face was even bigger than the one on her wedding day. She looks like such a proud mama and the love in her eyes for that tiny prince, while it is the same love every mother has for their tiny prince or princess.

And finally, for those of you who are already "attacking" the new parents for how their tiny baby was bundled into the car seat...LAY OFF!
Not only did they just have a baby, which needed to be fed every 2-3 hours (so I'm sure they were slightly sleep deprived) but they were greeted by a hoard of photographers and media personnel...who I'm sure were not very respectful to the baby prince, who may have been trying to sleep, as babies tend to do.

Also, car seat safety in England is not the same as in Canada, as it is not the same in the US. Different countries have different standards and different policies! And the fact that William, himself, drove his family home with Kate protectively watching her son in the back seat...really, need I say more. I mean come on people, this is the future King of England. I highly doubt that his safety was at risk at any point.
So, Kate, William, my biggest congratulations on your bundle of joy! May he have the beauty of his mother, the charm of his father and the kindness of his grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment